I am absolutely dead on my feet. The only explanation is all the work stress because I have been going to bed pretty early, at least for me. It also may be medication draining me. I just don't know.
Oh, I forgot to mention: On Thursday evening is the Faculty Convocation and I have to be at work for the breakout session afterward. This means I do not leave work until around 10pm that evening, only to turn around and go to the other Convocation at the crack of dawn on Friday. Ugh.
I used to go in and work a 13-hour day. I don't do that anymore. Tomorrow I am going to work at 12:30pm. Did I ask to do it? No, I just posted an email and said I was going to do this. Other people who will be there late are doing it, too, so I have the right to do it as well. I would have to take comp time if I did work the extra hours and the first of the semester is not a good time to take off, except for Fridays, sometimes.
I WILL be taking off next Friday for the four-day AnimeFEST.
On a better note, last night with rat's sister and brother-in-law was much better than I expected. We ended up NOT talking about the issue concerning their dad's memory loss and pretty much had a good time telling stories about each other and laughing. I am willing to do it again, actually.
The biggest problem of the evening was trying to find food on the menu that did not contain dairy products. I ended up getting the soup and salad combo, also knowing I just cannot put away much food at one sitting anymore. I DO get hungry a lot now and feel desperate for food, but I can take a few bites and feel better pretty quickly. I really want to keep the weight off I have already lost. The gyno doc says I have lost 22 lbs over the last two years, which is really good, actually. That's less than a pound a week, a healthy way to do it. However, I am not actually losing the weight in a healthy manner. Without a thyroid, I can only lose weight while being sick. I have been almost constantly sick with one thing or another for those years.
rat and I are still spending time every evening with the ps2 coop rp game. We have started the Extreme version of it, where the game allows us to import our characters with their stats, but not with all their goodies, like we could with the other three versions. I miss my +5 magical battle axes rat made for me. One of the cool things about the game is you can upgrade various items with runestones and gems. You have to purchase the upgrade in the workshop, but that's okay. After getting one item, we save the game with rat holding the item, I take the item and rat imports his saved character, which now has a copy of that item. It is how we duplicate stuff to sell and to use. We do that with lots of stuff. It takes some time to do it, but it is worth it when we can have kick-ass weapons and all the gems we need to make them. The Extreme mode will allow us to build +15 trinkets, something we are looking forward to doing.
Today is the LAST day for the dairy product ban. After tonight, I will glut myself with dairy over the next few days.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*